READY TO APPLY FOR DSA?
Direct School Admission-JC Exercise 2021
Nanyang Junior College invites students with outstanding talents/skills to apply for Direct School Admission. Successful DSA-JC candidates will gain admission to NYJC in 2022 for their JC education as long as they meet the eligibility criteria set by MOE for the two-year Junior College Course based on their GCE ’O’ Level examination results.
Please note that successful DSA-JC candidates will NOT be allowed to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise. They will also NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the GCE ‘O’ Level examination results. They are expected to honour the commitment to their DSA-JC school.
Area of Talent/ Skills:
Art Elective Programme
Debate – English
1. All applicants are to submit their application between 5 May 2021 0900h and 2 Aug 2021 1800h through the online DSA form. Any amendments may be submitted via the college email: . A hard copy of the registration form is not required.
2. Applicants who are not offered a place in Phase 1 need not re-submit an application for Phase 2 as applications received by 24 Jul 2021 will be considered for both phases.
3. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide accurate and complete information. An applicant found with false declaration will be rejected immediately.
4. Applicants will be shortlisted for an online interview based on the selection criteria. Please click this link to read the selection criteria. They should be attending the online interview while in their respective secondary schools and the interview may include an audition or trial component. They will be evaluated by the college’s teacher(s)-in-charge and where applicable, the CCA instructor or coach.
Note: Online Interview Period
Phase 1: 11 May to 06 Aug
Phase 2: 02 Aug – 30 Aug (06 Sep is the last day of offer)
5. In order for applicants to have adequate preparation time for the online interview, we strongly recommend that all applications be submitted well in advance of the official deadline. They may need to show their portfolio during the interview.
The portfolio may include:
■ Relevant certifications and records of achievement in zonal or national competitions related to the area of talent/skill;
■ Art portfolio (applicable for students interested in pursuing Art Elective Programme)
We will inform the shortlisted applicants and their schools on the details of the online interview and the documents required through email.
7. The college will contact successful candidates by telephone.
8. All outcomes of applications will be notified by email, latest by 06 Sep 2021